The Tactical Edge
Widely considered the leading authority in law enforcement tactical operations information, The Tactical Edge reaches approximately 40,000 law enforcement officers throughout the United States, Canada and around the world. Our award-winning publication proudly boasts more than 30 years of publishing the most current lifesaving information from a cadre of seasoned experts.
In addition to our outstanding feature articles, contemporary issues and trends in a variety of law enforcement-related disciplines are consistently covered in The Tactical Edge. The quarterly journal is published both in print and digitally in February, May, August and November.
Circulation of The Tactical Edge in print is over 10,000. In digital, our circulation is approximately 40,000.
Advertising: To download our media kit, click here
- The NTOA welcomes submissions from current members and selected non-members. Authors should follow the following guidelines:
- Please submit an original manuscript in electronic format, faxes will not be accepted. Complete contact information should be provided, including law enforcement affiliation, daytime phone and e-mail address
- Articles should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org as email attachments in Microsoft Word. Please include a recent head-and-shoulder photo of the author and brief biographical sketch of law enforcement background
- All articles are peer reviewed by NTOA subject-matter experts before approval for publication
- The NTOA reserves the right to edit manuscripts. These edits could include changes to clarify the story, improve the writing, trim the length or ensure that an article meets our stylistic guidelines found in the Associated Press Stylebook and Chicago Manual of Style.
- Articles should be written in third-person narrative, (First-person narrative will be considered at editor’s discretion.)
- Digital photos are preferred, but color prints are acceptable. The NTOA reserves the right to crop photos. All photos must include captions keyed to photo file name.
- Digital photos must be a minimum of 300 dpi resolution (600 dpi is preferred) and at least 3 x 5 inches (8 x 10 inches preferred). The size should be as close to 1mb as possible. Use a 3-megapixel or higher camera on the best-quality jpg or tif setting. Photos embedded in Word or PowerPoint files, or images copied from the Internet are unacceptable and cannot be used.
- If illustrations, charts or graphs are used, please verify that you have the right to publish these.
- NTOA reserves the right to disseminate submitted photos as needed for website, advertisements, etc
- Feature articles typically run 1,500 to 2,500 words. We welcome focused articles of 1,000 words or less, and consider in-depth articles of 3,000 words.
- You must inform us if your article has been previously published and if another publication holds copyright to the article.
- In consideration of being published in The Tactical Edge, the submitting author(s) agrees that NTOA may reprint, reproduce and disseminate as determined by the Executive Director of the NTOA.
- The NTOA will not publish articles that are advertorial in nature and/or promoting the author’s company, training or product.
- The NTOA does not offer monetary compensation for articles published.
Articles should be sent to the Editor